Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CO Q10 and migraines

I've been on Co Q10 as a supplement to help my migraines along with magnesium. I'm on high doses, but learned something from my acupuncturist. Rice Sprout - has natural CoQ10 so it's easier for your body to digest as well as all the vitamin B's which migrainers often are low in - at least those I've met - but you can only get supplements for a few of the B's not all of them.

I get my Rice Sprout from my acupuncturists office but I'm sure you can get it other places. One heaping tablespoon in about 4-6 oz of water put it in a water bottle so you can shake it up. Tastes like rice milk - which if you are a vegetarian like me you may have tasted before. I used to and sometimes still do have rice for breakfast like oatmeal - rice with milk and a little sugar in a bowl - it tastes like that - pretty good, but you can put it in a smoothie if you don't like the taste.

I still take the supplement pills, but like that I have a natural way to get it that my body more easily absorbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment