Sunday, August 23, 2009

Babysitting nephews

Got to babysit my 2 yr old and 6 mo old nephews this morning. Getting down on the floor and playing is great for migraines. But they are gone now so no migraine quickly spiked back up and I still have a lot of work to do today.

Don't want to put picture of kids out there for the internet, but these you can't see his face - my hubby (a great guitarist) letting nephew play the guitar - so cute!
 
  
It's the cheap guitar so he couldn't hurt it that I've had since I was 12 - not one of my husband's many expensive guitars.  He asked if he could try playing it with his foot - that answer, although a cheap guitar was still no.   His brother - 6 mo old was also so much fun!
Have to get back to work now and back to migraine - need to take a breathing and yoga break for that - but had to share the joy that I spent this morning that although in pain, I didn't care.  
I missed it.  My boys are 20 and 16 and I miss the days when they were young and we played on the floor and they explored with wonder.  Of course, my boys are the greatest gift to me and my heart, soul and joy.  But so are nephews!
Later,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth,

    So happy that you got to play the role of wonderful aunt today! Adorable pictures! (I don't put pictures of my daughter online but have toyed with the idea of posting "non-face" pictures like these at some point).

    Since I have so many infertile readers, I'm also sensitive to the fact that some may not want to see pictures of children on my blog.

    It's one of those issues I haven't quite figured out yet. I'm with you though on not posting the child's face.

    Sharing the love of music is so awesome. I just LOVE seeing those little fingers checking out the guitar. My daughter started piano lessons at 4 years old (after showing a strong interest in anything with a keyboard).

    We now have an electronic keyboard, organ, and piano (all for her since Hubby and I don't play). She just started flute lessons this summer through her school. She's 8 years old. It's awesome to watch children appreciating music & musical instruments! :)

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete